Friday, August 28, 2009

Day on the Deck

I thought someone was humming,
A plaintive sort of tune,
And briefly wondered, who?
The voice  seemed strong
And carried through  green leaves,
And fir and pine surrounding
My retreat.
Subsequent, my curious ear
Recognized what I did hear.
Twas tire -whine  on dampened  street
Where those who hurry, rush by
Impelled by feet attached to levers
Reaching engines using fuel to turn their wheels.
How kind, if life would let them sing a tune along the way
And bless the  air with music and
Relax with me some day.
    
Geraldine Byrne                                                 

1 comment:

  1. I love this Gomma... you have a way of creating images. I can smell the tires on the rainy street and hear the humming in the leaves. Very nice.
    Annie

    ReplyDelete